Thursday, July 31, 2008

Organ Grinder: Skeleton


Here's the ball and socket armature for the Organ Grinder character in my latest animation. Turned out a bit larger proportionally than my original plan. Most of that was because I bought the materials for a 12" humanoid figure and had to cut his limbs down significantly to get it close to my blueprint. For those of you who are in the market for ball and socket armatures for stop motion you can get kits to make your own like I have here. They are fairly priced and you don't need to go to the UK for individual parts. They even come with alan keys to adjust the set screws. Even better there's no silver soldering required for the threaded rod and the ball. They come pre-soldered. Here's a link to the site where I get mine. The guy who owns and operates the site is a great dude and is very knowledgeable if you had any questions.
http://www.animateclay.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=7

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wicked!!

shvt said...

I need to get one of these -

StopMo.info